Sunday, December 9, 2012

In the darkness

In the darkness

The fluidity of its speed surprises even me. It's ghostly fingers scratching at my existence with a vengeance I've never seen. Peeling away the layers of my heart and soul the sadness is replaced with anger, and the hurt replaced with a rage so pure it surely must have escaped the bowels of hell! I try and resist but I'm too weak and welcome anything that replaces the horrendous grief which has consumed my waking existence. Soon the darkness has done its job like a master clock maker. The precision it displayed in recreating me rivaled the precision of the stars. I am no longer in control, restraint given way to thoughtless action. All I see is red for the streets run deep in the blood of humanity. Each drop for every lie, for every painful emotion I've experienced. I have brought balance through the extinction of the human race. I no longer feel pain, nor sadness, or joy. I have become as vacant as the darkness that consumed me and as I stand in the middle of the street, blood to my knees I feel it is not complete for there is still me. I am as guilty for my suffering as humanity and without another thought I see the blood flowing down my neck and chest becoming one with the river of blood I stand in. As I slowly collapse in the darkness I realize that now I truly feel....nothing. 

By Matthew branton

No comments:

Post a Comment